Encounter the art industry in this unique full day walking tour to four of Fitzroy's most inspiring contemporary art spaces. Discuss current exhibitions in depth with curators and art industry professionals during gallery visits to Centre for Contemporary Photography (CCP), Gertrude Contemporary, SEVENTH and Sutton Gallery.
Hosted by the CCP, this program has been tailored to address VCE Studio Arts, Unit 4, Area of Study 3; Art Industry Contexts.
- Experience how a range of gallery spaces support the exhibition and promotion of contemporary art
- Examine the methods and considerations involved in the display of artworks in a variety of contexts
- Visit two publicly funded galleries, a commercial gallery and an artist-run initiative
- Compare the roles and characteristics of different exhibition spaces
- Consider examples of preservation and conservation for individual artworks
Dates for 2012: Thursday 9 August, Thursday 13 September
Cost: $15 per student
Limited to 25 students per session. Book now to avoid disappointment.
Visit fitzroyartspacestour.org.au for further details about this program and to access a range of new VCE resources for the classroom.
For bookings and enquiries contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CCP on 03 9417 1549
Centre for Contemporary Photography
404 George St, Fitzroy Victoria 3065, Australia
+61 39417 1549
FB / TW / IG
Seven nights after dark